The Department of Defense Activity Address Directory (DoDAAD)
DoDAAD Governance. The Secretary of Defense, by Agreement with the General Services Administration, administers the DoDAAD on behalf of the DoD and Federal Government. The Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (USD AT&L) delegates this responsibility to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Supply Chain Integration (DASD, SCI), through the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics & Materiel Readiness (ASD L&MR). The Defense Logistics Management Standards Office (DLMSO) is chartered by DASD SCI to chair a Process Review Committee (PRC) for the Administration of the DoDAAD, with participation by all stakeholder DoD Components and Federal Agencies.
The DoDAAD Process Review Committee (PRC). The DoDAAD PRC is the Governance forum for the DoDAAD and exists to provide the DoD Components, Federal Agencies, and other organizations represented in the DoDAAD the ability to participate in the development, expansion, improvement, maintenance, and administration of DoDAAD policy and procedures. There are over 300,000 DoD Activity Address Codes (DoDAAC), which are used in approximately five billion business transactions per year, by the DoD, Federal Agencies, State and local agencies, and supporting contractors of the DoD and Federal Government. See below for next committee meeting.
- DoDAAD PRC Members (CAC Restricted). Members of the PRC are formally appointed by their respective Components/Agencies to represent their Components’/Agency’s DoDAAD equities (per DODM 4140.01, Volume 8, enclosure 3, paragraph 2.a.(3)).
- DLM 4000.25, Volume 6, Chapter 2. The DoDAAD Policy and Procedures.
- SOP for the DoDAAD Update Application . How-to guide for CSPs/Monitors to make changes to DoDAACs and RICs.
- DoDAAD Series Table . List of how the DoDAAD is divided up by Service/Agency.
- DoDAAD Major Command (MAJCOM) Codes . Major Command/Bureau code list.
- DoDAAC Assignment Logic . A table of the business rules CSPs use to properly construct their DoDAACs.
- DoDAAD Data Elements . Table of data elements and definitions
- DoDAAC Authority Codes . Table of Authority codes and what each means.
- DoDAAD Batch Transaction Formats . Legacy batch transaction formats.
- DoDAAD Unique Processing Rules . DoDAAC unique processing rules by Service.
- GENC Country Code List (note: Switched to GENC standard on April 1, 2014). Current list of country codes used in the DoDAAD.
- Country Code List Change Log . Historical list of country code changes. This list is no longer maintained.
DoDAAD Search. To perform a search of the DoDAAD, use the following links:
- Single Search of the DoDAAD with a known DoDAAC or RIC (open access)
- DLA Transaction Services Web Portal (requires setup of an account w/a PKI device or certificate)
- DoDAAD Central Service Points (Public Access)
- DoDAAD Central Service Points (CAC Restricted)
- DoDAAD Monitors (CAC Restricted)
- GSA Activity Address Code (AAC) Contact List
- DoDAAD PRC Representative Appointment Letter Template
- CSP and Monitor Appointment Letter Template
- Monthly Metrics: Report
- DoDAAD Training Module
- Single Query: Query the DoDAAD for a single DoDAAC or RIC
- Enhanced Query: Query and download DoDAACs/RICs (CAC and SAR required)
- DoDAAD Standard Entry Form and Instructions:
Next Committee Meeting
Meet Me Line:
Action Item Tracking:
Meeting Survey Form
Previous meeting minutes are on the archives page.